Mark Bloom from Mash Creative has made a collection of 41 logos made during his 14 years old career. He also reveals the rules of his work and we encourage you to read more and get inspired from this great designer.
“Although Mash Creative has only been a studio since 2009, I have worked as a Graphic Designer for over 14 years. For the first time ever I have collated 41 logos from the last 14 years. All logos have been shown in their most basic state – Black & White.
When designing logos I always try to adhere to a particular set of rules – they are as follows:
1. Less is more – Some of the most recosgnised brands in the world use a simple marque or logo type – think how simple the Nike tick/Swoosh is.
2. If in doubt – simplify! (see rule No.1) Strip away anything that may make the logo look fussy or overly complicated.
3. Will the logo remain timeless. A good logo for me should remain timeless, it is all to easy to design to a trend but a logo should have longevity.
4. Scalability – Consider how the logo will look small (on a website for example) and large.
5. If it works in black it should work in any colour.
I hope you enjoy!
Cheers, Mark Bloom (Mash Creative)”